06 Aug When Dwellings Shrink in Size, Imagination Needs to Grow
Lofts, studios, condominiums and cottage-style single-family homes are excellent options for today’s price-sensitive homebuyers. Since they are traditionally smaller in square footage, challenges like lack of storage, limited functionality and privacy issues are common. Here are a few tips to help expand a homebuyer’s horizons:
- Consider custom built-ins which provide storage and art niches while taking up very little room
- Convert empty space like the hollow under the stairs into a powder bathroom or storage closet
- Leverage space for live/work functionality by installing a hideaway Murphy bed
- Purchase multi-functional furniture like sofa sectionals that can transform into a guest bed
- Use Japanese screens that provide “instant rooms” and afford privacy
With a touch of creativity and a little elbow grease, small homes can become big surprises.
To learn more about space saving ideas, click here.